Help Understanding Graves

Thyroid HUG

Together finding strength for tomorrow!

Forum

Forum Home > The Lounge > Help Me Understand

A Mothers Love
My 25 y/o daughter was recently diagnosed with GD and Hyperthyroidism. I have read all about it. But tonight was different and hoping someone has experienced anything similar. I found my daughter face down on the floor in the middle of the dining room. After violently shaking her she comes to and I ask her why she's on the floor. Her response, "I don't remember". At this point I drop to the floor because she's disoriented, having a hard time getting up, heart racing and hot boy temp. I just hold her till her respirations slow down. Can anyone relate to this? Is this normal? My daughter is up and down all night, she's on 2 different meds for thyroid and heart. What am I supposed to do? I'm so at a loss. My daughter has 2 young children ages 1 & 2. How do I help her?
--
February 7, 2018 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lori Tipps

i can relate i have Graves and i pass out/fall all the time i have someone with me at all times. im also disorientated and burning up.my meds are not helping and i also have violent tremors/seizure activity. i think you should discuss this with her Dr. and until its resolved provide round the clock supervision. just my opinion hope it helps. God Bless and im praying for you and your family.

--
March 27, 2018 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.